06 January 2008

Snorkeling in Maui

Amy reminded me that we had some photos from the underwater disposable we got for our snorkeling trip in Maui. These are some pictures from "Turtle Town"

This spot is rightfully named as you will see from the pics below:

Here is the poor turtle I chased around until my lungs began to burn just to get a few pics. I figure the boats come here every day so he's probably use to annoying tourists chasing him for a picture!

Here's a shot of "Scuba Dan" and our boat in the background. He was having problems with water getting into his mask - most likely through his mustache. You would think that with all the years I spent scuba diving that I would have remembered to tell him to bring a little Vaseline for that:
Here is a shot of Amy checking out the sights and turtles! I tried to get a picture like this of Amy and her sister, but sorry Serena - all you can see in that pic is the bubbles I had just exhaled.Here I am testing the lungs and ear drums. It had been a while for me since I'd been diving but it's like riding a bike. I love the feeling of flying you get when swimming through clear warm waters. It's so peaceful and serene!
Some more shots from the reef:



















I was able to find Dory from the movie Nemo for Camden - but she didn't remember being in the movie





No comments: