25 December 2008

Let is snow, let it snow, let it snow!!!

We have gotten sooo much snow!!! It's crazy. Multnomah County declared a State of Emergency because they could not keep up with clearing the roads and Hood River County (where we live) has been in a "snow emergency". I-84 through the Gorge to Portland was closed for about a week and has been so treacherous that we did not even get to see Amy's parents for Christmas. We are supposed to leave Saturday after Christmas to go to Disneyland so I hope flights are back to normal by then!!

Besides all the craziness that has come with it, the snow has been very beautiful and we have loved getting out and playing in it. My primary mode of transportation these days have been my Alpine Touring skis since all of the roads are just snow packed. Its like living on a groomed cross country ski track!!

Below are some pictures of the scenery and our house:

I took this from the home office window right before sun up one morning when I was just starting work:
It has been constant shoveling for me to keep up with it all so we can get in and out of our home: This is looking down our street as I was headed out on the skis
This is up in Post Canyon where I do a ton of mountain biking in the summer. I skied here from our house: The view down to the river from skiing in Post Canyon
A very good winery that I pass on the way to Post Canyon from our house - I'm no expert, but all that snow can't be great for wine grapes??
So much snow that we had to get Camden some snow shoes!!

No comments: