28 September 2007

Desolation Lake






I got in a decent ride last night on the mtn bike. I climbed 2000 ft up Mill D in Big Cottonwood Canyon to Desolation Lake. (http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/trails/mill-d-n.htm)

It's a pretty technical ride and definitely a lung buster - straight up for 4 miles! I did the out-and-back to Desolation, it makes for a great training ride for 24 hrs of Moab - 15 days and counting. I even ran into a little snow just before the lake. It was 75 today in the valley but up here over 9000 ft it is pretty cool. I had to put a jacket on for my ride down.


I always feel like I need to include a picture or two of Camden with each post, so here ya go. He loves going down slides at the park and I love this picture we got of him coming down a tube at the zoo recently:

No comments: