16 August 2009

Specialized Trail Crew

My first "real" bike I owned was a Specialized Stumpjumper that I still have - even though it is now retro-fitted for my wife and to pull the kid's Chariot!



Here she is on the 10 yr old Stumpjumper in St. George, UT - still going strong and feeling the single track love! I put about a million miles of single track under that bike and even managed a few races when I finally got up enough confidence. After a few years on it, I bought my first road bike, thinking it would just be to stay in shape during the winter months for mountain biking. It was a Specialized Allez - and it made me fall in love with the road! Screaming down a canyon road in excess of 50 mph was like nothing I had ever done!


As fun as the road can be, it will never replace the solitude, thrill, views, freedom, etc. as a long single track through the mountains.I now ride a Specialized Epic and could not be more happy!


Here she is in the Columbia River Gorge - Happy and on some of the country's best trails with the best views:



I got her in Park City, UT and rode her all over the state, including a few races like my long-time favorite; the 24 Hours of Moab.

Check her out in action in Moab, UT




Every trip we do in the west involves us taking our bikes to try out new trails. I've tried out the single track in AZ, CA, CO, HI, ID, OR, WA, WY and UT.


Here is the typical scene at any of our campsites:We now live in the beautiful Northwest right in the middle of the Columbia River Gorge in Hood River, OR. The mountain biking here is EPIC to say the least. From Post Canyon, to Syncline, to endless miles of single track with Mt Hood Views!!


Some of the fun in Post Canyon: I've managed to find some of the race scene here as well - on trail and road. Oregon is the cycling center of the universe and it is great to be a part of a community that does so much to advocate cycling.


Check us out at Portland International Speedway tearing up the Short Track series: We picked Hood River as a place to settle down and raise our growing family. We have an avid cyclist 3 yr old and another on the way. Our little guy loves bikes and one of his first words was "BIKLE" - his version of bike and cycle mixed together.


Of course his first bike is a Specialized - training wheels have just come off!He has also gotten into the race scene already - Even got a podium finish in the Mt Hood Cycling Classic Kids Race!
In full racing action!!

We are a family of cyclists and love to share our adventures with our friends and family who are stretched out across the country. I feel I would be a great candidate for Specialized Trail Crew as I have been a long supporter of Specialized Mountain Bikes and cycling in general. I will continue to post here and on Twitter, Facebook about our family cycling adventures.

http://twitter.com/bikeryak

http://www.facebook.com/people/Eric-Moody/1836777562

No comments: