30 June 2008

Exploring Hood River

The biking in Hood River is absolutely amazing - Road and Mountain.
Here are a couple shots from the bike while mountain biking in Post Canyon. (I can ride my bike here from the house)
The mtn biking has alot more shade from huge trees that I am not used to from UT. Even when it's really hot the shade keeps it cool and GREEN!

These next pics are of some of the crazy ramps they build here for mtn biking. So far these are the most technical ones I've ridden. Some are barely wider than my tires and have huge drops - I'm not ready for those yet!


Yesterday, Amy, Cam and I rode 20 miles on a loop from Hood River, up East Side Rd. and through the town of Odell. I think we saw more bikes than cars. The ride was mostly gently sloping hills (except one short steep that really taxed me with the trailer) We had great views of Mt. Hood and Adams through the whole ride that went through orchard after orchard on glass, smooth roads without a car in sight. It was one of the best family rides we've ever done!!

No comments: